Ich bin in Deutschland verloren

13 Februar 2007

To Mom and Dad




This is for all the times that they laughed at me when I was silly, held me when I cried, listened when I spoke, yelled when I talked back, cried with me when everything was falling apart, tried when I wasn't willing to help, played with me when I forced on them my foolish games, told me to sit in a chair and 'think about it', asked me what my day was like, wished with me whenever I dreamed, believed for me when my dreams were broken, supported the crazy things I did or wanted to do, rolled their eyes when I was an idiot, made themselves available even when I didn't want them to, nagged me about things that I still believe weren't important, kissed me when I made it, hugged me when I didn't, drove me to the weirdest places at the weirdest times, pretended with me when I danced around, celebrated with and for me whenever I did something worthy of it, pushed me to do all that I could even when I didn't want to, nosed into things they shouldn't have, cared about what I did (or tried to), and were just einfach there for me.

This is for my wonderful, admirable, amazing, astonishing, astounding, awe-inspiring, awesome, brilliant, cool, divine, dynamite, enjoyable, excellent, extraordinary, fabulous, fantastic, fine, incredible, magnificent, marvelous, miraculous, outstanding, peachy, phenomenal, pleasant, pleasing, prime, remarkable, sensational, staggering, startling, strange, stupendous, super, superb, surprising, swell, terrific, tremendous, unheard-of, wondrous and absolutely insane parents, who on this day (aka in 4.5 hours), the 14th of Februar have been married for a long and (hopefully) happy 20 years. Give them a hand, everybody. I love them, and you all just have to deal with it.